Beaumont, TX, is located in the heart of Southeast Texas and is a great starting point for road trips to explore the region and beyond. From historic landmarks to coastal cities, there are plenty of destinations within driving distance of Beaumont. In this blog post, we'll highlight some of the best road trips you can take from Beaumont and explore the best of Southeast Texas and beyond.
Located just 85 miles west of Beaumont, Houston is the largest city in Texas and offers plenty of things to see and do. Here are some must-see attractions in Houston:
- The Space Center Houston - This museum offers visitors a glimpse into the history of space exploration and features interactive exhibits and displays.
- The Houston Museum of Natural Science - This museum features a variety of exhibits on topics ranging from dinosaurs to outer space.
- The Houston Zoo - This zoo is home to over 6,000 animals and features a variety of exhibits and habitats.
Located just 50 miles south of Beaumont, Galveston is a historic coastal city with plenty of attractions and activities. Here are some must-see attractions in Galveston:
- The Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier - This pier features rides, games, and attractions for visitors of all ages.
- The Moody Gardens - This entertainment complex features a variety of attractions, including a rainforest pyramid and an aquarium.
- The Strand Historic District - This historic district features a variety of shops, restaurants, and attractions housed in historic buildings.
San Antonio, TX
Located 260 miles southwest of Beaumont, San Antonio is a city with a rich history and plenty of things to see and do. Here are some must-see attractions in San Antonio:
- The Alamo - This historic mission is one of the most iconic landmarks in Texas and played a significant role in the state's history.
- The River Walk - This pedestrian walkway along the San Antonio River features shops, restaurants, and attractions.
- The San Antonio Missions - These historic missions were established by Spanish colonizers in the 18th century and offer visitors a glimpse into the region's history.
New Orleans, LA
Located 280 miles east of Beaumont, New Orleans is a vibrant city with a unique culture and plenty of things to see and do. Here are some must-see attractions in New Orleans:
- The French Quarter - This historic district is home to some of the city's most iconic landmarks, including Bourbon Street and Jackson Square.
- The National WWII Museum - This museum offers visitors a glimpse into the history of World War II through interactive exhibits and displays.
- The Audubon Zoo - This zoo is home to a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, and bears.
Located 120 miles east of Beaumont, Lafayette is a city with a rich history and unique culture. Here are some must-see attractions in Lafayette:
- Vermilionville - This living history museum offers visitors a glimpse into the region's Cajun and Creole culture.
- The Acadian Cultural Center - This museum features exhibits and displays on the history and culture of the Acadian people.
- The Lafayette Science Museum - This museum features a variety of exhibits on topics ranging from space exploration to Louisiana's natural history.
Beaumont, TX, is a great starting point for road trips to explore Southeast Texas and beyond. From historic landmarks to coastal cities, there's something for everyone within driving distance of Beaumont. Whether you're interested in history, culture, or outdoor adventures, these road trips offer plenty of opportunities to explore and discover new places. So, pack your bags, hit the road, and start your next adventure today!